Saturday, August 21, 2010

eat. sleep. dance. repeat.



Is what it's like for some people. Dance for me isn't just something I do, my whole life revolves around my dance, when I study, when I eat, sleep, everything important like that. 


last weekend - 15th August - I went to lower hut for my dance competitions,we didn't win but had a heck of a good time :) but unfortunately we did have to make some sacrifices, like missing church and waking up at 7am, but in a way I guess it was all worth it. there are also other sacrifices like your feet luckily I don't use pointe shoes, I don't do ballet, if I did my feet would look something like this 
But I don't use these type of dance shoes, I use these,
or these,

But the thing is, you have all these things you use to dance when really, it doesn't matter if you have the coolest dance gear, or the most dance classes, for me I have second hand jazz shoes, 2 classes a week and I think I'm a pretty good dancer, were as some people may have the best dance shoes and dance every day of the week, but when will they have time to practice and get better?? plus how are you supposed to do homework slash study, have family time or even a social life, I mean to be honest I don't really have a social life - apart from college, but I don't think that really counts. 

Anyway, exam week is coming up, 3 more weeks of dance practice then exams. (I'd better get practicing! ahaha) Every single year I have been dancing I have gotten HONORS thats a really good mark - third highest - but this year I'm aiming for high honors or even distinction, Apparently pre elementary - grade 6 - is easy peasy to get honors, but I'm still going to work my hardest!

-Edgar Degas
"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams."
-Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment